Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Spain?
- What does my support cover?
- What will I have to pay on my own?
- Do I need medical insurance?
- What do I need to bring?
- Where do I fly into?
- Can I get a job while I am in Spain?
- When is support due?
- Can I attend for only three months?
- Can I visit for 2 days? 2 weeks? 2 months?
- I was on the World Race, do I still need to submit an application?
- Can I bring my family with me?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why Spain? For a few reasons. First of all, many of our interns will be coming from America and we want to get them away from the fast-paced American society with its distractions, materialism, and consumerism. Secondly, we are a global organization–our network is international and we want our leaders to interact with ministries and associates that can only occur in an international setting. Southern Spain will be a central base for ministries across Europe, Africa, and beyond.
3. What will I have to pay on my own? You will have to pay for travel to/from Spain, personal travel within Spain, meals outside of the community, personal “comfort” items, and cell phones/calling cards if desired.
5. What do I need to bring? Bring appropriate clothes for the time of year (see this link for yearly weather here on the coast), a bath towel, (bed linens will be provided), a computer, a bible, and extra spending money. You will get more detailed information with your student packet.
6. Where do I fly into? You should be able to find affordable airfares into Malaga Airport (code: AGP), where we will meet you and bring you to the school (a 20 minute ride). In some cases, you may be able to find better airfare to Madrid and take public transportation to Mijas. Please contact the academy immediately if you are not planning to arrive at Malaga Airport.
8. When is my support due? Your support is due in advance: either paid in full or monthly. Your $300 deposit is due a month prior to the first day of the course. If you decide to pay monthly, $1000 is due at the start of each month.
10. Can I visit for 2 days? 2 weeks? 2 months? Yes you may, although your attendance at the school is space permitting and you will have to pay a pro-rated amount for housing, meals, and coursework, if available.
12. Can I bring my family with me? Yes. Please contact Leadership Academy staff as soon as possible if you are thinking on attending as a family. G42 leadership will assist families in their transition to and from the course. Families will stay in nearby apartments and they will be responsible for their own housing and utilities. They will have the costs of room & board deducted from their fees.